It's that time of year again... Royal LePage's annual Garage Sale For Shelter is just around the corner and we need your help! Last year's sale was a great success (read my BLOG post from last year here), and we're hoping to do even better this year.
Here are the event details:
• When: Saturday, May 14th from 9am to 3pm (Rain date: Sunday May 15th)
• Where: 905 King Street West (at Strachan)
• Why: To support the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, Canada’s largest public foundation dedicated exclusively to supporting women’s shelters and ending violence against women and children.
Last year, Royal LePager’s raised over $315,000 - more than double the previous year. The community is encouraged to take part again this year by donating gently used items to our office (located at 905 King Street West), by helping us spread the word, and by joining us on May 14th. With the support of local residents and the generous sponsorship of TD Canada Trust, Atlas Van Lines Canada and Advance Commission Company of Canada, we’re poised to beat our record again!
Right now we're looking for donated items for the garage sale. If you've got anything that you're happy to part with for a good cause, give me a shout and we'll schedule a time to swing by and pick it up.
Acceptable items for donation are as follows:
- Furniture in good condition
- CD's & DVD's
- Small appliances & electronics
- Toys with all parts
- Kitchen ware
- Decorative accessories like candleholders, art prints, etc
- Sporting goods
Looking forward to a great turnout on the 14th and a successful garage sale!